While perusing Youtube, I came across a video by Dulce Candy and immediately fell in love with the look she did! You can find her original here. I basically used all the same techniques as she did, I just had to find comparable colors in my collection. I love this look because you can pretty much switch up the colors any way you want and still have it come out amazing!
Step 1: Prep your skin. Apply serums, moisturizer & primers to face and eyes in whatever order or way you usually do.
Step 2: Apply your eye shadows. Because this look is a little more sparkly and dramatic, I opted to do my shadows first, as opposed to my foundation, so that I could clean up any fall out or mistakes more easily afterwards.
- Place a soft, matte brown into your crease using a fluffly brush. Blend upwards and continuing swishing brush back and forth until the shadow looks blown out and no harsh lines are seen. I used Matt Rosen from theBalm’s Meet Matt(e) Palette.
- With a shader brush, place a bright, shimmery gold shade all over your lid. Alternatively, you could just apply the gold shade to the inner half of the eye. I used Cargo’s Crème Brulée from the Meet Me In Paris Palette.
- Next, find a bright pink shadow and place it on the outer half of your lid. Pack on the color as we want it to stand out! Blend into the gold shade so that you do not have a stark line. I used my 120 Color BH palette.
- Once you get the intensity you want, go back in with your fluffy brush and blend out any harsh lines.
- Next for the lower lid! Grab a teal eye liner and line your lower lash line and water line. I used a NYX retractable eye liner, but any will do. Once done, use a teal eyeshadow on a pencil brush and smoke out the liner you just placed down. Go all the way from outer corner to inner corner. I used my Wet ‘n Wild palette for this.
- On to the liner! I used the L’Oreal Infallible 24hr. Gel Liner, but any black liner will do. Wing it out a bit, if you want. Also, line your upper water line with a black pencil to give the lashes a more voluminous look.
- Highlight your brow bone and the inner corners of your eyes with a shimmery shadow to make them pop even more.
- Fill in your brows, apply mascara and prep your lips (I used Anastasia’s DipBrow Pomade & Clear Setting Gel, and NYX’s retractable lip pencil in Nude with Stila Gloss in Kitten on top).
- Do your foundation, concealer, powder, blush, etc. routine as you normally would. I used these products:
And voilà! You should have look that resembles the sun setting over the ocean.
False lashes look great with this look, as well!
I hope you enjoy this look! If you recreate it, tag me on instagram @beautynbowwows or on twitter @beautynbowwows, I would love to see what you come up with!