I am participating in the Zero To Hero Challenge and have received my first assignment today! We are charged with describing who we are and why we are blogging. My About Me page and Bio are fairly short and to the point; only highlighting a few bullet points about who I am, what I do, what I love, etc. However, I am much more than what I do professionally and love much more than beauty. In order to give you more insight into my personality, life, motivations, dreams, and just randomness about me, I would like to re-introduce myself in more detail than previously offered.
- I am the eldest of 4 children; I have a younger sister and two younger brothers.
- I was born and raised in Northern California, specifically in the Bay Area, and more specifically in the Sonoma Wine Country.
- My parents are still together and have been married for 29 years.
- Growing up, I always disliked being the oldest because my parents always wanted me to “set an example” for my siblings. Which to me meant that I wasn’t allowed to make mistakes and was judged more for the mistakes I did make, while my siblings were allowed to screw up.
- I would say that I did set a good example – HOWEVER, my example didn’t really rub off on my siblings – I’ll spare you the details on that one!
- I wasn’t close to my parents, especially my mom, until after I was officially moved out and living with the boy. It’s amazing what separation can do for a relationship!
- I was kind of a nerd – I was in the marching band, wind ensemble, and drum line.
- I took any AP class I could get into and never drank or went to parties.
- When applying for colleges, my original plan was to go for a fashion design degree (something I had wanted to do since I was 6), but realized late that that wasn’t something I had a passion for or was good at (I was never very trendy).
- For about 2 weeks, I got it in my head that I wanted to major in equine studies, even though I had pretty no experience with horses.
- I finally had to think about what my most favorite subject in school was and then went with – French Translation.
- I applied to 7 colleges, half of them on the East Coast as I wanted to move as far away from my parents as possible (teenagers).
- I was wait listed at my top 2 choices, won a scholarship to one in New York, was accepted to a couple UC’s, but eventually decided on the University of Hawai’i at Mãnoa as they are one of the only schools in the country that had programs in interpretation & translation. Plus, who doesn’t want to go to school in Hawai’i?!?!
- I completed my freshman year, went back for my sophomore year and then promptly dropped out a couple weeks later due to a crappy, jealous boyfriend who was living back home.
- I went home, moved to Tennessee for 6 months, then moved back home (thank GOD!) and re-entered UHM for my junior year.
- I switched my major to psychology and graduated with my BA.
- I had decided late in my senior year that I was more interested in dog psychology than people psychology, so I went back to my seasonal receptionist job at a pet care facility in the hopes of eventually moving on to service dog training.
- A year & a half later, one of the 2-person training department team quit and I was promptly sent to dog training school!
- Another 1 1/2 years passed, the original trainer also quit, and I was bumped up to Head Trainer and the Training Department Supervisor. Sounds fancy, right? Not really – I am currently the only person in my department.
- I started this blog just a month or so ago.
- I had been thinking about starting a Youtube channel, but couldn’t get up the courage.
- I just had so many thoughts and opinions on beauty products, but had no one to discuss it with, so I entered the World Wide Web to find some like-minded people!
- I want to one day have enough doggie-clients that I can move up to managing a group of trainers, as opposed to just managing everything by myself.
- Eventually, get married, have kids, you know the usual.
- Pay off all my credit cards and student loans!
- Have a small herd of dogs.
So! That is me in a slightly bigger nutshell. Just for fun, I also went ahead and did the TMI Tag – see my questions/answers below!
1: What are you wearing?
Purple poka-dot running tights & orange off-the-shoulder top.
2: Ever been in love?
Yes, I currently am, and once or twice before.
3: Ever had a terrible breakup?
Yes & no. I was in a bad relationship that ended, and I was relieved but everything leading up to it was awful.
4: How tall are you?
5’2″ …. on a good day.
5: How much do you weigh?
6: Any tattoos?
7: Any piercings?
Yes. I used to have 10, but am now down to 7.
9: Favorite show?
Lost Girl (so bad it’s good), Grimm, Supernatural
10: Favorite bands?
Train, Avicii, Taio Cruz, Scissor Sisters.
11: Something you miss? .
My first dog, Neelia 😦
12: Favorite song?
Hmmmm, I don’t think I have just one.
13: How old are you?
14: Zodiac sign?
15: Quality you look for in a partner?
Intelligence, compassion, humor and enough trust and confidence to not be jealous.
16: Favorite Quote?
On ne voit bien qu’avec le coeur. L’essentiel est invisible pour les yeux.
17: Favorite actor?
18: Favorite color?
19: Loud music or soft?
20: Where do you go when you’re sad?
21: How long does it take you to shower?
22: How long does it take you to get ready in the morning?
1 1/2 hours
23: Ever been in a physical fight?
24: Turn on?
25: Turn off?
26: The reason I joined WordPress?
To have people to share my beauty-obsession with!
Being serial killed & spiders
28: Last thing that made you cry?
Something on TV. I always cry when I watch TV.
29: Last time you said you loved someone?
30: Meaning behind your WordPress Name?
I wanted it to be fairly obvious what my blog was about, while also being catchy and cute. I originally was playing with Beauty & the Beasts, but it was already taken.
31: Last book you read?
Entwined in You by Sylvia Day
32: The book you’re currently reading?
33: Last show you watched?
Probably some Sharks game the boy was watching.
34: Last person you talked to?
The boy. Or Vixen, if you count her as a person.
35: The relationship between you and the person you last texted?
36: Favorite food?
Anything to do with cake, candy, ice cream, or chocolate.
37: Place you want to visit?
38: Last place you were?
39: Do you have a crush?
On my boy.
40: Last time you kissed someone?
41: Last time you were insulted?
Hmmm, it’s been awhile.
42: Favorite flavor of sweet?
43: What instruments do you play??
Flute/piccolo, piano and I used to play electric guitar.
44: Favorite piece of jewelry?
My Claddagh ringh.
45: Last sport you played?
I worked out this morning, if that counts.
46: Last song you sang?
47: Favorite chat up line?
…I don’t have one!
48: Have you ever used it?
49: Last time you hung out with anyone?
50: Who should answer these questions next?
Anyone who wants to!!! I tag you all!