This has taken me longer than I would’ve liked to finally post and pass on this award, but better late than never, right?
The Liebster Award acknowledges up-and-coming bloggers with less than 200 followers and is a great way for all of us to get to know each other a little more! The rules for participating are as follows:
- Acknowledge the blogger who nominated you.
- Answer 11 questions your nominator asked.
- Provide 11 fun and/or random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 10 bloggers (w/ less than 200 followers) that you feel deserve recognition!
- Inform the above bloggers that you have nominated them.
- Post 11 questions for them to answer.
A huge THANK YOU to Ncy of BeautySins for nominating me! If you love beauty, then you will love her blog!
My Questions from Ncy:
1. Why did you start your blog?
I started Beauty ‘n’ BowWows as an outlet for all the thoughts that are in my head! I do not know many people that share my
obsession interest in makeup, so I wanted to find a community that I could do so with. I talk about dogs and dog training, too, because who doesn’t love dogs!
2. What’s your favorite extracurricular activity?
I take classes in Aerial Silks and occasionally put on performances with a group of extremely talented silkies, which I absolutely LOVE.I am loving fitness more and more and have been really enjoying going on hikes with the bowwows.
3. Favorite magazine?
Hmmm, that’s a hard one, since I don’t really read magazines! However, I do have subscriptions to Living Without (a gluten-free recipe mag) and Redbook and will occasionally pick up a Shape.
4. Favorite Food?
I have a MAJOR sweet tooth, so basically anything covered in chocolate, frosting, and the whole candy aisle at any grocery store.
5. Guilty Pleasure?
Trashy novels (e.g., 50 Shades of Grey trilogy, Crossfire novels, etc.), supernatural-themed/sci-fy t.v. shows, and eating in bed.
6. Favorite makeup line?
I tend to go through phases regarding favorite brands, but at the moment I would have to say Anastasia Beverly Hills.
7. What’s your dream profession?
Well, I do love my job as a dog trainer, but when I was in college I always imagined myself working in a more corporate setting. I probably sounds like a weird “dream profession”, but I am good with technology, am extremely organized, and have always wanted to work at a company where I could wear amazing business suits and other attire!
8. Favorite TV show?
Grimm, Supernatural (Sam & Dean = drool), Lost Girl (sooo corny, but in a hilarious way), Castle.
9. Must have beauty products?
Anastasia Brow Wiz (or any of her other brow products), Benefit They’re Real! mascara, and a pretty rosy blush.
10. Favorite trend?
Legwarmers and crazy-patterned leggings….well, these are probably aren’t so much “trends” as “faux pas” now, but I am definitely trendy in aerialist circles!
11. Favorite place?
My bed – cuddled up with the bowwows, the boy, with my laptop (most likely perusing WordPress!) and a cup of tea (or wine).
11 Fun/Random Facts About Moi:
- I am the oldest of 4 children.
- I went to the University of Hawai’i, Manoa
- I have a BA in Psychology and was originally planning on working with people with eating disorders.
- I have never broken a bone.
- I HATE macaroni & cheese (and yes, I have tried all different kinds).
- I didn’t try sushi until I was 20.
- I didn’t get my drivers license until I was 20, either.
- I took French classes for 7 years & majored in French Translation my first year of college.
- I was in the marching band, wind ensemble, AND drum line in high school.
- I was named after a Van Morrison song.
- I sometimes sleep with my eyes partially open (creepy, I know).
I am nominating these lovelies:
- Full Coverage Beauty
- Henry Face
- Catie Maxie
- Kat Eyed
- Yoga & Yum
- Andrea Elizabeth
- Jess Jess Mess
- Major Makeup Madness
- Lady Pink XO
- Laura Borealis
My questions for the nominees:
- Why did you start your blog?
- What is your favorite extracurricular activity/hobby?
- Do you own any pets? And if yes, what kinds?
- What are your holy grail beauty products?
- Night owl or morning person?
- Favorite movie?
- What is your favorite beauty brand?
- Where would your dream vacation take place?
- If you were an animal, what kind would you be, and why?
- What is your most proud/happiest moment?
- What happened in the last dream you can remember?
Congrats to all the nominees, and have fun with this!